euro basket 2011

Basketball, Rugby, Tennis ...
User avatar
One of the Bhoys
Posts: 709
Joined: 06 Apr 2006, 01:13
Location: Scotland

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by One of the Bhoys » 31 Aug 2010, 22:14

rapava wrote: and most probably teams will be allocated in pools as follows: 1-4-5 and 2-3-6
Pool A: Georgia - Ukraine - Poland
Pool B: Italy - Bulgaria - Bosnsia
I'd be happy enough with that, to be honest. We missed a phenomenal chance to qualify directly, now we're just outsiders in any case.
For Georgia and Celtic
Hail! Hail!

sandro war
Posts: 2948
Joined: 10 Nov 2006, 20:47
Location: Tbilisi, Vake
Contact:

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by sandro war » 31 Aug 2010, 23:02

the georgian goverment will give 50.000 dollar to the basketball federation on eacht game they won. so thaty is already 250.000
they will olso get that money for each game they win in the play-offs.
and they will reaceave extra 2 milion if they can manage to get into the European championship.!
chwen erti gundi wart

Fabsaprangeti
Posts: 2180
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 19:15
Location: France

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Fabsaprangeti » 01 Sep 2010, 18:11

One of the Bhoys wrote:
rapava wrote: and most probably teams will be allocated in pools as follows: 1-4-5 and 2-3-6
Pool A: Georgia - Ukraine - Poland
Pool B: Italy - Bulgaria - Bosnsia
I'd be happy enough with that, to be honest. We missed a phenomenal chance to qualify directly, now we're just outsiders in any case.
Would You know if the qualifications will be in a single match or 2 ?
Dzala Ertobachia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dideba Sakartvelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
One of the Bhoys
Posts: 709
Joined: 06 Apr 2006, 01:13
Location: Scotland

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by One of the Bhoys » 03 Sep 2010, 17:03

Fabsaprangeti wrote:
One of the Bhoys wrote:
rapava wrote: and most probably teams will be allocated in pools as follows: 1-4-5 and 2-3-6
Pool A: Georgia - Ukraine - Poland
Pool B: Italy - Bulgaria - Bosnsia
I'd be happy enough with that, to be honest. We missed a phenomenal chance to qualify directly, now we're just outsiders in any case.
Would You know if the qualifications will be in a single match or 2 ?
Round-robin (2 home and 2 away), and the winners of the 2 groups will play 2 matches (home and away) for the last place in European Championships.
For Georgia and Celtic
Hail! Hail!

Kartvel
Posts: 401
Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 18:55
Location: Lodz, Poland

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Kartvel » 05 Sep 2010, 18:09

No :) Now the tournament was enlarged to 24 teams, as influenced by Ukrainians, Bulgarians and Italians. So:
Italy, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Poland, Ukraine, Latvia and Georgia qualified directly [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif]

Kaji
Posts: 5010
Joined: 06 Apr 2006, 00:13
Location: San José, Costa Rica

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Kaji » 05 Sep 2010, 22:28

We're in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Trulailas tsoli rat unda? Trulaila tviton tsolia" :smt003
SAKARTVELOS GAUMARJOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image

Fabsaprangeti
Posts: 2180
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 19:15
Location: France

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Fabsaprangeti » 07 Sep 2010, 18:47

One of the Bhoys wrote:
Fabsaprangeti wrote:
One of the Bhoys wrote:
rapava wrote: and most probably teams will be allocated in pools as follows: 1-4-5 and 2-3-6
Pool A: Georgia - Ukraine - Poland
Pool B: Italy - Bulgaria - Bosnsia
I'd be happy enough with that, to be honest. We missed a phenomenal chance to qualify directly, now we're just outsiders in any case.
Would You know if the qualifications will be in a single match or 2 ?
Round-robin (2 home and 2 away), and the winners of the 2 groups will play 2 matches (home and away) for the last place in European Championships.
Thanks Gio !!

The Basket-Ball in Georgia seem Me to be in a great period with much talented players.
Dzala Ertobachia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dideba Sakartvelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
One of the Bhoys
Posts: 709
Joined: 06 Apr 2006, 01:13
Location: Scotland

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by One of the Bhoys » 08 Sep 2010, 01:16

Fabsaprangeti wrote:
The Basket-Ball in Georgia seem Me to be in a great period with much talented players.
You are right, we never had such a strong team before. So it's good that they will get a chance to perform in a big tournament next year. This was quite unexpected, and I'm not sure how well we will do in Lithuania, but it's a very big boost for Georgian sports. Apart from rugby, we never qualified for a big tournament (World or European Championships) in any team sport before.
For Georgia and Celtic
Hail! Hail!

Fabsaprangeti
Posts: 2180
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 19:15
Location: France

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Fabsaprangeti » 09 Sep 2010, 20:17

One of the Bhoys wrote:
Fabsaprangeti wrote:
The Basket-Ball in Georgia seem Me to be in a great period with much talented players.
You are right, we never had such a strong team before. So it's good that they will get a chance to perform in a big tournament next year. This was quite unexpected, and I'm not sure how well we will do in Lithuania, but it's a very big boost for Georgian sports. Apart from rugby, we never qualified for a big tournament (World or European Championships) in any team sport before.
I think too and to my mind this team can do very good performances.
Dzala Ertobachia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dideba Sakartvelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabsaprangeti
Posts: 2180
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 19:15
Location: France

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Fabsaprangeti » 20 Sep 2010, 16:52

One of the Bhoys wrote:
Fabsaprangeti wrote:
The Basket-Ball in Georgia seem Me to be in a great period with much talented players.
You are right, we never had such a strong team before. So it's good that they will get a chance to perform in a big tournament next year. This was quite unexpected, and I'm not sure how well we will do in Lithuania, but it's a very big boost for Georgian sports. Apart from rugby, we never qualified for a big tournament (World or European Championships) in any team sport before.
Gio, To your mind it would be possible that Georgia would organize an International Tournament of Basket-Ball in the Future ?
Dzala Ertobachia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dideba Sakartvelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
One of the Bhoys
Posts: 709
Joined: 06 Apr 2006, 01:13
Location: Scotland

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by One of the Bhoys » 20 Sep 2010, 21:04

Fabsaprangeti wrote:
One of the Bhoys wrote: Gio, To your mind it would be possible that Georgia would organize an International Tournament of Basket-Ball in the Future ?
Depends what kind of tournament you are talking about. We have already organised a 4-team international friendly tournament in July.

We are now negotiating with FIBA about organising youth (under-16 or under-18) European Championships, and I think it will happen in the near future - we just need 3 good arenas for this, so it will not be a big problem.

For official senior tournaments like Eurobasket, we need at least 5 high-capacity arenas in at least 3 different cities, and major facility upgrades, so I don't think it will happen any time soon...but the government is putting money into basketball development right now, so who knows, maybe in 8-10 years we could be in a position to apply for this.
For Georgia and Celtic
Hail! Hail!

Fabsaprangeti
Posts: 2180
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 19:15
Location: France

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Fabsaprangeti » 24 Sep 2010, 16:37

One of the Bhoys wrote:
Fabsaprangeti wrote:
One of the Bhoys wrote: Gio, To your mind it would be possible that Georgia would organize an International Tournament of Basket-Ball in the Future ?
Depends what kind of tournament you are talking about. We have already organised a 4-team international friendly tournament in July.

We are now negotiating with FIBA about organising youth (under-16 or under-18) European Championships, and I think it will happen in the near future - we just need 3 good arenas for this, so it will not be a big problem.

For official senior tournaments like Eurobasket, we need at least 5 high-capacity arenas in at least 3 different cities, and major facility upgrades, so I don't think it will happen any time soon...but the government is putting money into basketball development right now, so who knows, maybe in 8-10 years we could be in a position to apply for this.
Thanks Gio :smt023

I don't know if it's possible for 2 countries to organize together a tournament like Eurobasket.
Dzala Ertobachia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dideba Sakartvelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
One of the Bhoys
Posts: 709
Joined: 06 Apr 2006, 01:13
Location: Scotland

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by One of the Bhoys » 24 Sep 2010, 23:45

Fabsaprangeti wrote:
I don't know if it's possible for 2 countries to organize together a tournament like Eurobasket.
That's a good question, actually. Until now, it was not necessary, 1 country was always enough...but now that they have expanded the tournament, who knows? The basketball in Azerbaijan is making good progress right now, so it would be interesting to find out if it could be possible to host Eurobasket together with them, maybe in 2015 or in 2017.
For Georgia and Celtic
Hail! Hail!

sandro war
Posts: 2948
Joined: 10 Nov 2006, 20:47
Location: Tbilisi, Vake
Contact:

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by sandro war » 25 Sep 2010, 21:47

everything is possible whit goverment support,

in that case we would need 8 stadiums 4 in goergia 4 in azerbeidjan,
afther tbilisi, kutaisi and batumi we will need one more major stadium
chwen erti gundi wart

Fabsaprangeti
Posts: 2180
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 19:15
Location: France

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Fabsaprangeti » 28 Sep 2010, 17:24

One of the Bhoys wrote:
Fabsaprangeti wrote:
I don't know if it's possible for 2 countries to organize together a tournament like Eurobasket.
That's a good question, actually. Until now, it was not necessary, 1 country was always enough...but now that they have expanded the tournament, who knows? The basketball in Azerbaijan is making good progress right now, so it would be interesting to find out if it could be possible to host Eurobasket together with them, maybe in 2015 or in 2017.
I think it would be a very good idea :smt023
Dzala Ertobachia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dideba Sakartvelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabsaprangeti
Posts: 2180
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 19:15
Location: France

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Fabsaprangeti » 28 Sep 2010, 17:30

sandro war wrote:everything is possible whit goverment support,

in that case we would need 8 stadiums 4 in goergia 4 in azerbeidjan,
afther tbilisi, kutaisi and batumi we will need one more major stadium
I think too and I would imagine well this stadium in a city of Eastern-Georgia.
Dzala Ertobachia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dideba Sakartvelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandro war
Posts: 2948
Joined: 10 Nov 2006, 20:47
Location: Tbilisi, Vake
Contact:

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by sandro war » 28 Sep 2010, 21:09

yes but building a sportis sasaxle in telavi is for no use there is no basketbal there and oslo the ones in batumi and kutaisi are to small to host those matches there it is to optimistic to think about hosting those tournements in georgia may be in 5 years but now we have to be happy whit u20 tournemets to.
chwen erti gundi wart

User avatar
One of the Bhoys
Posts: 709
Joined: 06 Apr 2006, 01:13
Location: Scotland

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by One of the Bhoys » 30 Sep 2010, 01:07

sandro war wrote:yes but building a sportis sasaxle in telavi is for no use there is no basketbal there and oslo the ones in batumi and kutaisi are to small to host those matches there it is to optimistic to think about hosting those tournements in georgia may be in 5 years but now we have to be happy whit u20 tournemets to.
There is actually youth basketball in Telavi, and they will probably also have a Superleague team soon!

Right now we are not in a position to bid for a big tournament, I agree, but if the progress continues and this becomes a realistic idea, then the arena in Kutaisi can be expanded. In Batumi, they will have to build a new one anyway, and if Misha's successor will love this city as much as him, then I'm sure this can be arranged too. :smt003
For Georgia and Celtic
Hail! Hail!

Fabsaprangeti
Posts: 2180
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 19:15
Location: France

Re: euro basket 2011

Post by Fabsaprangeti » 30 Sep 2010, 16:43

One of the Bhoys wrote:
sandro war wrote:yes but building a sportis sasaxle in telavi is for no use there is no basketbal there and oslo the ones in batumi and kutaisi are to small to host those matches there it is to optimistic to think about hosting those tournements in georgia may be in 5 years but now we have to be happy whit u20 tournemets to.
There is actually youth basketball in Telavi, and they will probably also have a Superleague team soon!

Right now we are not in a position to bid for a big tournament, I agree, but if the progress continues and this becomes a realistic idea, then the arena in Kutaisi can be expanded. In Batumi, they will have to build a new one anyway, and if Misha's successor will love this city as much as him, then I'm sure this can be arranged too. :smt003
Yes, however I would imagine a widest development in the country including until Cities as Borjomi or Zugdidi.
Dzala Ertobachia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dideba Sakartvelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply